The Petroleum Technology Transfer Council (PTTC) is a national not-for-profit organization established by the Department of Energy and led by an independent Board of Directors. PTTC was established to provide a forum for transfer of technology and best-practices within the producer community. Regional lead organizations and our board of directors ensure that PTTC activities in a particular region address the technology needs of producers in that area.
PTTC is a partnership to connect independents with the technology and knowledge to safely and responsibly develop the nation’s oil and gas resources. As such, it is an important part of America’s energy solution
The Petroleum Technology Transfer Council (PTTC) is a national not-for-profit organization that is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. PTTC is not a membership organization, although there are volunteer members of the Board of Directors, and its committees. This Guide for Professional and Ethical Conduct applies to all members of those groups, as well as the national and regional PTTC staff and contractors. These dedicated professionals recognize their responsibility to PTTC and those it serves in carrying out the organization’s mission:
“PTTC benefits the nation by helping U.S. independent oil and gas producers make timely, informed technology decisions.”
- Ethical Behavior: PTTC will be guided in all of its affairs by high standards of business ethics and professional conduct, striving to maintain honesty, integrity, fairness, impartiality, and trust. PTTC will strive to avoid making false, misleading, or unwarranted statements or representations.
- Service, Quality, Professionalism: Every PTTC action and activity will be performed in a manner that fosters the organization’s mission. PTTC will professionally deliver products and services of the highest possible quality.
- Confidentiality: When those being served by PTTC require secrecy, PTTC will treat as confidential any knowledge of proprietary data or information as directed by those providing such data or information.
- Referrals, Self-Interest: For those it serves, PTTC will provide unbiased referrals to the best solution providers for their problems. PTTC will deny any use of its structure or program for individual or organizational self-interest. Any potential conflict of interest that might influence (or appear to influence) the judgment, fairness, and quality of PTTC’s performance in any way will be disclosed immediately.
- Copyrights, Cooperation: PTTC will honor the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of speakers, authors, and other sources of published information. PTTC will appropriately recognize the work done by others, avoid plagiarism, and avoid accepting credit due to others.
- Opportunity: PTTC will make every effort to ensure that its structure and programs are carried out without bias due to race, religion, gender, age, national origin, or handicap.
- Public Welfare: PTTC will hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in all of its programs and activities, and act in accordance with all applicable laws.